Finance for Non-Financial Managers Part 2
This is a 2-day course packaged for senior executives (MDs, Directors, CEOs, GMs), operational and functional managers and senior managers who have only some knowledge of accounting and finance, but who need to understand finance to be able to perform their jobs better and/or to interface with Finance department staff. It is also designed for these professionals who need to have the knowledge of
1) financial modelling,
2) corporate planning framework,
3) how to plan for a company’s growth, and
4) business plan preparation.
This course continues where Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FNFM) Part 1 left off and builds upon the knowledge acquired. It starts off with a revision of topics taught in Part 1 and advances to application of finance in financial modelling, corporate planning and business plan preparation. Those who have not attended FNFM Part 1, can therefore still attend Part 2 directly.
With more than 40 years of working experience in accounting & finance at a senior executive management level, Michael Lee (the principal trainer) managed to string together all the accounting and finance concepts, the interrelationships, the flows and analysis into a single integrated diagram for easy comprehension. He then applied these finance principles and concepts to financial modelling and designed a corporate planning framework, which he had implemented successfully in practice.
At the end of the 2-day course, you will be able to
1) read finance statements and understand the component interrelationships
2) apply financial ratios to analyse financial statements
3) understand operating and financial leverages, business and financial risks and their linkages to capital structure.
4) learn the importance of “financial limits to growth” model and its significance in assessing the going-concern assumption of the firm.
5) Learn how to use financial models in decision-making
6) Understand corporate planning and its processes
7) Learn the 6 steps to planning corporate growth
8) Develop a business plan
This course is designed for senior executives (MDs, Directors, CEOs, GMs), senior managers, and operations managers who need to
1) Understand finance and analyse financial statements
2) Use finance inputs (financial modelling) to make decisions
3) Plan for growth of their companies and make recommendations to Management and/or their Boards.
||The framework of accounting (assumptions, principles and conventions)
||Financial statements – Statement of financial position (Balance Sheet), Profit & Loss statement, and Cashflow statement
||Integrated diagram showing the concepts, interrelationships, flows and analyses.
||Capital structure and its implications to leverage and risks.
||Financial statement analysis – ratio analysis and interpretation
||ROA (Dupont Method) vs ROE Method
||“Financial limits to growth” Model
||Financial Modelling of projected Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss and in relation to corporate planning
||Corporate Planning framework
||6 steps to corporate growth (how to bring a firm to its next stage of growth)
||Business Plan preparation