A FOUNDATION OF LEADERSHIP
Situational Leadership®: Building Leaders introduces participants to the Situational Leadership® Model and equips leaders with the necessary tools to skillfully navigate the demands of an increasingly diverse workforce and evolving marketplace. Infinitely adaptable to any circumstance, Situational Leadership® prepares leaders to meet the moment-to-moment challenges pervasive in today’s work environments.
Through a combination of instructor-led training, multimedia, role-playing and skill-building activities, this course provides ample opportunity to practice applying the core tenets of the model. Participants learn to effectively manage any situation by immediately prioritizing broad actions into specific tasks and utilizing the tools that indicate each individual’s ability to perform.
In addition, the LEAD Self instrument and profile provide participants with insights into their primary leadership behaviors and the range of styles they tend to act upon.
- All leaders
- Anyone in the organization who influences the performance of others
Each participant will receive:
- Participant Workbook
- LEAD Self & LEAD Directions
- Situational Leadership® Color Model 8.5” x 11” Card
- Situational Leadership® Wallet Card
- Pocket Reference Guide
- Certificate Of Accomplishment
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Define leadership.
- Apply Situational Leadership® by:
* Identifying the specific task for application of the Situational Leadership® process.
* Accurately assessing the Performance Readiness® level of the individual.
* Responding with the right leadership style and behaviors to meet the performance needs of the individual.
* Communicating the leadership response more effectively.
* Managing the movement of the individual through various levels of Performance Readiness®.
- Identify opportunities to improve in the application of Situational Leadership® through self-assessment and development planning.
- Influence, Success And Engagement
* Defining Leadership
* How Do You Spend Your Influence Time?
* Success And Engagement
* Skills Within The Organization
- LEAD Self: Leadership Style/Perception Of Self
- The Situational Leadership® Model
* Steps In Applying The Situational Leadership® Model
- Identify Specific Task
* Determining Task Level
* Identify Specific Task
- Assess Current Performance Readiness®
* Performance Readiness®: Ability And Willingness
* Performance Readiness® Levels
* Performance Readiness® Indicators
- Match And Communicate Leader Response
* Relationship And Task Behaviors
* Distinguishing Leader Styles
* Leadership Style Indicators
* Matching Styles
- LEAD Directions: Leadership Style Feedback And Analysis
- Processing Your LEAD Profile
- Mapping Your Real World
- Positioning Your Leadership Style Conversation
- Application Challenges: Match/Mismatch
- Manage The Movement
- Situational Leadership® Simulation
- Sustainment And Conclusion
TAN JOO SEET offers training, coaching and consulting in social intelligence and leadership development – helping clients to leverage human performance and enhance overall organizational performance. He brings with him four decades of business, management and consulting experience; and has worked in 26 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
During his 30 years in training and consulting he has worked with more than 400 clients. He is a frequent speaker at professional and business conferences, and writes regularly. Over 30 of his articles have been published. He was featured in the television program Money Matters, and co-hosted the radio series Working Matters.
After completing his tertiary education in engineering, Joo Seet did the Master of Management, the Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management, and the Advanced Diploma in International Marketing. He is a Certified Business Planning Consultant and a Chartered Marketer.
Joo Seet is the Managing Director of Center for Leadership Studies (Asia) with offices in Singapore and Hong Kong. He is also the founder and Director of Human Edge Organization, and Performance Learning. He has also served as Managing Director (Asia) of Zenger-Miller from 1985 to 1996. Since 1987, he has been working with Dr Paul Hersey and the Center for Leadership Studies.
In addition to his training, coaching and consulting experience, he has held regional management positions in human resources, sales and marketing, business development and general management in telecommunication, aviation, manufacturing, medical systems and IT. He has worked with the government, government-linked companies and multinational organizations.
He participated in the United Nations Development Program/International Telecommunication Union projects on the setting up of the telecommunication training center, and instructional technology and course development. He also developed and coordinated regional training for the United Nations Development Program/International Civil Aviation Organization.